Bishop William P. O'Connor launched the initial building drive on August 17, 1953, to raise $100,000 to build a new Catholic church and school. The school was completed in October 1955 with Grades 6-8.
The Sisters of Mercy lived in the present classrooms on the east end of the school, until the convent was completed in 1960, at which time the school expanded to include Grades 1-8. The Sisters administered and taught at the school until 1974. The Brigidine Sisters took over until 1984, after which lay principals were hired.
In 1981, the school added on a kindergarten room, enlarged library, gym, locker rooms, kitchen, and a multipurpose room that doubled as a music room and general parish center. On August 15, 2004, a new parish church was built with additions to the school.